- Compassionate, creative, and detail-oriented individual with valuable experience in education, technology, customer service, and teamwork.
- A highly driven and motivated problem-solver with strong organizational and time-management skills.
Doctor of Philosophy in Educational Technology
Walden University, 2020
Dissertation Title: Public Librarians’ Adoption of Technology in Two Southeastern States
Master of Philosophy in Education
Walden University, 2020
Master of Arts in Higher Education
Ashford University, 2012
Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology
Pennsylvania State University, 2011
TRAINING & INSTRUCTION
AshTech Training & Consulting, 2016 – 2020
Trainer, Consultant, Coach
I provide in-home training for adult learners who want to learn or improve their abilities with technology.
- Taught basic to intermediate technology skills to clients; skills like smartphone use and basic coding.
- Coached clients to develop the confidence, study habits, and communications skills to be successful.
- Consulted on personal technology purchases or decisions.
- Managed schedule and client learning plans.
Charleston County Public Library, 2014 – 2016
Assistant Manager & Technology Instructor
My position allowed me to manage a team of librarians and library assistants to instruct technology classes for patrons and staff.
- Developed and expanded internal and external technology classes to include website design, basic coding skills, social media, and the use of multimedia in presentations or publications.
- Support resource for a 17-library system of public librarians who had daily questions about internal software applications, e-books, e-readers, public computers, and mobile devices.
Apple, 2011 – 2014
Trainer & Service Specialist
I worked for Apple in Southlake, Texas and Charleston, South Carolina. Transferring to South Carolina allowed me to continue and expand the work I started in the Texas Apple Store:
- Designed and conducted training workshops, classes, and events for customers, business partners, and local teachers.
- Expanded to facilitating accessibility workshops for teachers, employees, and Apple customers with disabilities.
- Sent to the corporate office in Cupertino, CA and awarded an opportunity to work and learn under corporate creative trainers.
- Created a step-by-step resource for employees to learn how to be a trainer, develop specific software skills, and improve their knowledge.
Charleston County Public Library System:
- Getting Started with Computers
- Using the Mouse & Keyboard
- Working with Windows
- Creating and Organizing Files
- Searching the Web
- Exploring Email & Contacts
- Staying Safe Online
- Learning How to Code
- Intro to Cloud Storage
- 20 Tips for Your iPhone/iPad
- 20 Tips for Your Android
- 20 Tips for Your Mac
Job Prep Tools
- Applying for Jobs Online
- Writing a Resume
- Facebook 101
- LinkedIn 101
- Twitter 101
- Basic & Advanced Word
- Word: Designing Tables and Forms
- Basic & Advanced Excel
- Excel: Analyzing Formulas and Charts
- Basic & Advanced Publisher
- Basic & Advanced PowerPoint
Dowdy, A. E. A. (2020). Public librarians’ adoption of technology in two southeastern states (Order No. 27736095). Available from ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global. (2349674674).
The Iron Yard, 2017 – 2017
As a member of the operations team, I had a dynamic position that supported the Director, staff, instructors, and all students on campus. If you needed something done, I could do it, know who does it, or could find you the resource that would help us get it accomplished.
- Operated as Interim Director and covered the Student Engagement Manager’s duties on a vacation.
- Lectured on student services topics like building a resume, color theory, using social media to get a job, and Imposter Syndrome.
East Tennessee State University’s Natural History Museum & Fossil Site, 2007 – 2009
As a program assistant, my work was focused on guiding educational tours and assisting the educational department.
- Trained volunteers and students to guide tours
- Conducted educational classes about the fossil site findings and natural history, and lead camps at the Natural History Museum and Fossil Site.
- Created curriculum and activities for summer educational camps.
- Assisted with fossil site excavation and archives.
Microsoft Office Specialist
Apple Certified Trainer
Charleston Women in Technology
Folly Beach Museum & Community Center Renovations Committee, 2019 – 2020
- Worked with museum lead on special projects related to the educational technology being utilized by the museum in its current location.
CodeOn (Charleston Women in Tech), 2018 – 2019
- Worked with children in underserved neighborhoods who were learning how to code.
Folly Beach Civic Club, 2012 – 2020
- Support Folly Beach holiday projects and events